Head back in time to the Jurassic Age and improve reading comprehension with our Dinosaurs Reading Comprehension activities. This activity pack includes FIVE Grade Five and Six (Year Five and Six) informational non-fiction passages with six pages of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects! These link closely to the CCSS and New Zealand’s Literacy Progressions and Curriculum.
In this Dinosaurs Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. Five texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- An Introduction to Dinosaurs
- Brachiosaurus vs Triceratops vs Stegosaurus
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Paleontologists, Fossils, and Dinosaurs
- Theories on Dinosaur Extinction
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities – that’s 30 activities in total.
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
3. Three Graphic Organiser Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
- Venn Diagram
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks.
***When you download this resource, it comes in both US and British English spellings and printing sizes.***