It all began with my 4-year-old…
When I began scribbling some simple sight words and tracing letters from the alphabet, I never thought it would lead to me sitting here writing an “About ” section of my own teaching resources website.
What began as a way for me to create pre-school activities for my precocious and excitable 4-year-old has morphed into a business where I can do what I am passionate about: create literacy, language, and social studies resources that save teachers time!
What is Top Teaching Tasks about?
As an experienced teacher, I know what it is like to:
- Feel like you are drowning under a sea of paperwork, while still wanting to do it all.
- Need some help sourcing activities, but to also feel like ugly, boring, busy-work worksheets are doing a disservice to students.
- Try to find the elusive “work/life balance” while juggling so many balls in the air.
Let’s face facts. Teaching is an amazing and important profession, but it is also blimmen’ hard work! My primary aim is simple: to create comprehensive [quality, in-depth, purposeful, and thorough] and creative [something different, out-of-the-box, and unique] literacy, language and social studies resources that save you time.
This website is a chance to:
- Highlight our creative, practical and original teaching resources that will save you time.
- Provide you quick and easy to use teaching tips and ideas for your classroom today.
- Explore the “why” and “how” of many of my resources so you can get the best use out of them.
- Offer exclusive freebies and discounts that you won’t get anywhere else
- Source and link to a wealth of books, videos, resources and ideas that can help you cover many important topics and subjects in your classroom.
Whether you are a pre-service teacher looking for inspiration, a beginning teacher coming up for air, or an experienced teacher looking for some fresh ideas for covering a familiar topic, there is something for you here.
You will find at least two new blog posts each month, with beginning teacher tips, book reviews, practical literacy and social studies ideas, tips and suggestions for covering various events, and more. In our resource shop, you’ll find a great range of (you guessed it) creative and comprehensive teaching resources that save YOU time and improve your practice.
A little about me:
I’m Hinemoa (or Hine for short) and I am an experienced teacher. I have taught the full range of primary school and intermediate levels (ages 5-12) and I have a passion for literacy, social studies, learning about other cultures, and mentoring beginning teachers.
Keep in touch:
Sign up for my email newsletter, sent once every three weeks, and you’ll get access to our free resource library.
If there’s a particular question you’d like answered or a post you’d love me to write, get in touch via our Contact page. I would love to hear how I can help you!
So, haere mai, afio mai, malo e me’a mai, fakatalofa atu, welcome, welcome, welcome!