Learn about earth-shattering earthquakes, twisting tornadoes, huge hurricanes and explosive volcanoes with our differentiated Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension texts and follow up activities. This activity pack includes FOUR Grade Four and Five (Year Five and Six) informational non-fiction passages with six pages of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects!
When you download this resource, it comes in both US AND British English spellings and printing sizes.
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go non-fiction passages and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is full of exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
In this Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension bundle you will receive:
1. Four resources – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Earthquakes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Tornadoes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Volcanoes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Cause and Effect
- Using Prior Knowledge
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
3. Four Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
- Flow Diagram
- Cause and Effect Chart
4. Four pages of extra digital links with QR codes for extra research.
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
7. Close Reading bookmarks.
Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.