Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Video Games Reading Comprehension Bundle This pack includes four Year Five and Six (Grade Four and Grade Five) non-fiction passages with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order-thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, as independent work, or as homework tasks.
This resource combines the following resources:
- Pokemon Go Reading Passages with Higher Order Thinking Questions
- History of Video Games – Close Reading Comprehension Text and Activities
- Fortnite Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go informational texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this Video Games Reading Comprehension Bundle you will receive:
1. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- What is Pokémon Go?
- The History of Pokémon
- The History of Video Games
- Fortnite and other Battle Royale Games
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Ask and Answer Questions
3. Three Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Flow Diagram
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
6. Close Reading bookmarks
Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in both A4 and US Letter PDF format.