In 2019, the nationwide event Tuia 250 commemorates 250 years since Captain Cook encountered Māori in New Zealand. Dive deep into this important part of New Zealand’s collective history with this discounted Tuia 250 Activities bundle. Learn about Māui fishing up New Zealand, Pacific explorers such as Kupe, European explorers Tasman and Cook, the significance of navigator Tupaia, early meetings, violence and conflict between Māori and Europeans, and the 2019 Tuia 250 commemorations.
This Tuia 250 Activities bundle features both a Digital Google Slides resource and a paper-based scavenger hunt puzzle – plenty of options for your classroom!
Our Voyagers Digital and Paper-based WebQuest BUNDLE features the following two resources:
- Voyagers Scavenger Hunt WebQuest | Tuia 250 Encounters
- Voyagers Digital WebQuest Activity for Google Slides
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!