St. Patrick’s Day Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$0.83 with what's this?
Let us save you time this St. Patrick’s Day with our St. Patrick’s Day Reading Comprehension pack! These Year Five and Six (Grade Four and Grade Five) St. Patrick’s Day-themed close reading passages will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills – great reading comprehension activities for your guided reading program.
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight (Grade Six) learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
***When you download this resource, it comes in both US AND British English spellings and printing sizes.***
In this St. Patrick’s Day Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. Two texts – both with an extended and scaffold version:
- The History of St. Patrick’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day Today
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
3. Two Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
6. Close Reading bookmarks