Let us save you time this St. Patrick’s Day with our Saint Patrick’s Day free reading resource! Our Year Five and Six (Grade Four and Grade Five) St. Patrick’s Day-themed differentiated reading passage will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills – great reading comprehension activities for your guided reading program.
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight (grade six) learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
In this Saint Patrick’s Day free resource pack you will receive:
1. One text with an extended and scaffold version:
- The History of St. Patrick’s Day
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
3. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
4. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
You May Also Like: