Christmas is an extremely busy time of year! Let us save you some time! This Christmas Reading Comprehension Bundle will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills – great reading comprehension activities for guided reading!
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go informational texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
These activities are aligned to the majority of the Grade Four and Five Common Core State Standards (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact CCSS in each activity).
In this Christmas Reading Comprehension Bundle you will receive:
1. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Radical Reindeer (Informational Text)
- The History of Christmas Cards (Informational Text)
- Mama’s Happy Christmas (Literature Text)
- The Elves and the Shoemaker (Literature Text)
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
3. Four Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Character Web
- Story Web
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages
6. Close Reading bookmarks