Ho ho ho! It’s nearly the holiday season and your students will enjoy reading these traditional Christmas stories! These Grade Four and Grade Five Christmas-themed differentiated passages will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills. These are great reading comprehension activities for guided reading!
In this pack you will receive:
1. Two texts, with an extended and scaffold version:
- Mara’s Happy Christmas (Literature text)
- The Elves and the Shoemaker (Literature text)
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
3. Two Graphic Organizer Example:
- Character Web
- Story Web
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages
6. Close Reading bookmarks
What this Christmas Stories resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go literature texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
These activities are aligned to the majority of the Grade Four and Five Common Core State Standards (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact CCSS in each activity).