Go paperless with our Google Classroom Myths and Legends Digital reading comprehension resource! Learn about traditional myths and legends from around the world with our differentiated traditional literature passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes FIVE passages, at two level, with six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher order thinking interactive tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
This resource links directly to the CCSS and New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity). This resource would also be suitable forYear Seven and Eight (Grade Six) learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
Not ready to go paperless yet?
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
This resource features both US and British (NZ) spelling.
In our Myths and Legends Digital resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Five texts – each with an extended and scaffold version:
- Theseus and the Minotaur
- The Loch Ness Monster
- The Legend of Robin Hood
- The Trojan Horse
- Māui and the Sun
- Additional web links to videos or websites are provided as a part of each text.
- These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form.
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS/NZ Curriculum for each passage (24 activities in total)
Instructions are included within each slide.
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Connections
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
5. Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Character Map
- Story Map
- Story Plot Mountain
- Flow Diagram
6. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
7. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.