5 Reasons to Use Primary Sources in the Classroom
1. Primary Sources Bring History and Historical Events Alive
2. Primary Sources Allow Students to See That We Can Learn From a Variety of Sources
3. Primary Sources are Often at the Core of Our Countries
4. Primary Sources are Accessible
5. Primary Sources Help Students Understand that We Are Creating History Right Now
Melina Dahms is the owner of Galarious Goods and an unapologetic primary sources fangirl (who spent way too much time exploring advertising for leather relaxer and the wage of Australian Governors General while writing this blog post). She’s the creator of a range of social studies resources including the Australian Democratic Systems Bundle which explores some of the primary sources mentioned here.