Teach Te Reo Māori Colours (Ngā Tae) in your classroom with these great multi-purpose flash cards. Print and laminate the labels and create a Word Wall. You could also print and laminate the pictures and use these as a visual cue. Use the labels to play card games such as Go Fish, Snap or Memory. Print and laminate the labels and attach to a ring to make a set of flash cards. Perfect for Maori Language Week – Te Wiki o Te Reo Maori!
These cards come in both English and Te Reo Māori.
In this Te Reo Māori Colours resource you receive:
1. Multi-purpose Flash Cards for the following colours: White, Red, Green, Black, Yellow, Brown, Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple, Grey
Each colour comes with FOUR flash cards:
English and Māori translation with picture
English word only
Māori word only
2. Four te reo Māori Question Cards
He aha te tae o tenei _____? What colour is this _____? Use these with any object to ask what colour it is?
E.g. He aha te tae o tenei book? What colour is this book?
3. Eleven te reo Māori Answer Cards
These cards answer the question “What colour is this_____?”
These cards are a great way to encourage the use of te reo Māori colours (ngā tae) in full te reo Māori sentences. The English translation is included on each card for scaffolding.
4. An A4 poster featuring all 11 colours with their te reo Māori label.
5. A te reo Māori pronunciation guide.
Print and laminate for durability!