Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Sir Āpirana Ngata Reading Comprehension resource. Learn about Sir Apirana Ngata, the prominent Maori leader who features on the New Zealand $50 banknote. This pack includes a Year Five and Six non-fiction passage, differentiated at two levels, with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks.
These link directly to the New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity). This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
In this Sir Āpirana Ngata Reading Comprehension resource, you receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version:
- Sir Āpirana Ngata
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Ask Questions
3. Graphic Organiser and Activity Examples
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks in colour and black and white.
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse.