Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Ernest Rutherford Reading Comprehension passages and questions. Learn about Ernest Rutherford, the important physicist who features on the New Zealand $100 banknote! This pack includes a Year Five and Six non-fiction passage, differentiated at two levels, with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks.
These link directly to the New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity). This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
In this Ernest Rutherford Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version:
- Ernest Rutherford
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Ask Questions
3. Graphic Organiser and Activity Example
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse