This resource is intended to be used as a comprehension, discussion, and activity guide to accompany the novel Wonder by R.J. Palacio. This is a very popular book because of its feel-good messages, and relatable themes. There is even an excellent movie adaptation of the same name.
The novel has been split up into sections for the purposes of this resource. Each section varies in size due to the number of pages and the nature of the content. Some sections call for more reflecting and discussion than others.
For each section of the Wonder novel study, there are:
- Reading comprehension questions,
- Weblinks and QR codes for students to find out more about the content discussed
- Six to eight creative activity choices (including digital and non-digital options)
- A Keep the Quote section.
- The Keep the Quotes are a collection of quotes from the novel that can be cut out and ‘kept’ in an exercise book or notebook. These quotes can then be used to explore the deeper meanings and inferences further, used to make text-to-text or text-to-self connections, illustrated creatively, or another purpose of the teacher’s choosing.
- Each section also includes discussion questions for oral language development in the classroom, designed to be used with pairs or small groups of students.
Please note: You will need at least one copy of this novel to use this resource.
If you have a novel that you would like us to cover, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org