Learn about the quest to reach the top of the world with our Sir Edmund Hillary Reading Comprehension Resource. It includes a differentiated Grade Four and Grade Five informational passage with EIGHT engaging text dependent higher order thinking tasks – perfect for reading comprehension! Great for your guided reading program.
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide a ready-to-go differentiated passage and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource contains many engaging, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create). This resource also contains six additional activities to use as early finisher, bell ringer or home work tasks.
In this Sir Edmund Hillary Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. One text – with a differentiated extended and scaffold version:
- Sir Edmund Hillary
2. EIGHT corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy
- Analyze (Three separate options are provided)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Use Prior Knowledge
- Identify the main idea
3. Three Graphic Organiser Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Six additional activities:
- Fact or Fiction
- Word Find
- Acrostic Poem
This resource features both British and US spelling and paper sizes.