Go paperless with our Google Slides reading comprehension activity – great for digital guided reading! Learn about earth-shattering earthquakes, explosive volcanoes and extreme weather – twisting tornadoes and huge hurricanes with our Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension Digital reading passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes fou passages (at two levels) with at least six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking interactive tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Grade Six (Year Seven and Eight) learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension Digital resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Four texts – each with an extended and scaffold version:
- Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (29 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Connections
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Make Predictions
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Not ready to go paperless yet?