Halloween Digital Reading Comprehension Activity for Google Slides
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$1.25 with what's this?
Go paperless with our Halloween Digital Reading Comprehension Activity for Google Slides! Learn about the history of Halloween and how this spooky night is celebrated around the world with our differentiated reading passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes two passages (at two levels) with eight unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking interactive tasks. Hook your students in with a topic they are interested in!
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning to a full 1:1 digital classroom. This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Halloween Digital Reading pack resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Two texts – each with an extended and scaffold version:
What is Halloween?
Halloween Around the World
4. Eight unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (16 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
Find Facts and Details
Identify the Main Idea
Ask and Answer Questions
Understand and Use Vocabulary
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!