Chinese New Year Digital Reading Comprehension Google Classroom
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$1.25 with what's this?
Go paperless with our Google Slides Chinese New Year digital reading comprehension activity – great for digital guided reading! Get your fireworks ready and celebrate the Chinese New Year with our digital close reading comprehension activities. This activity pack includes THREE Year Five and Six (Grade 4 and 5) non-fiction passages with at least six slides of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. Gain context with our bonus Chinese New Year PowerPoint.
Chinese New Year in 2023 is January 22. This product is updated each year to reflect the differences in dates and the Chinese zodiac animals. 2023 is the Year of the Tiger.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you. This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Chinese New Year digital reading resource you will receive:
1. Three texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
What is Chinese New Year?
Preparing For The New Year.
Chinese New Year Celebrations
2. 21 unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
Find Facts and Details
Identify the Text Structure
Identify the Author’s Purpose
Use Prior Knowledge
Understand and Use Vocabulary
3. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
4. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!