Go paperless with our Google Classroom Video Games Digital Reading Comprehension resource! Learn about video games and their history, anime, and the battle royale game genre (games like Fortnite Battle Royale) with our differentiated reading passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes five passages (at two levels) with at least six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher order thinking interactive tasks. Hook your Year 5 and 6 students (Grade 4 and 5) in with a topic they are interested in!
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight (Grade Six) learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Video Games Digital Reading Comprehension resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Five texts – each with an extended and scaffold version:
- What is Pokemon Go?
- The History of Pokemon
- What is Anime?
- The History of Video Games
- Battle Royale Games
These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form.
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum and the USA’s CCSS (32 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Connections
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Make Predictions
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
6. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!