Go paperless with our Matariki Digital Scavenger Hunt resource. Engage your students in the Māori New Year celebrations with our interactive digital scavenger hunt and puzzle pack. Your students will learn about the history of Matariki, Matariki celebrations today, and the nine Matariki stars (updated with the latest research).
This resource features a full resource for Year 3-4 and Year 5-8. Students complete activities to earn puzzle pieces and produce a beautiful Matariki puzzle poster. Perfect for Google Classroom or Microsoft One Drive.
This Matariki Digital Activity is easily differentiated to suit a wide range of learners and abilities – you can choose how many or few slides you assign to your students each day/week. This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Matariki Digital Scavenger Hunt resource you will receive:
1. Eight Matariki-themed passages (separate topics).
2. Eight interactive follow-up activities.
3. Eight puzzle pieces that form a beautiful Matariki puzzle poster.
4. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
5. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students.
6. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
7. Additional video links to interesting videos to provide further context around Matariki.
8. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
Microsoft One Drive
British English is used throughout this resource e.g. colour.
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
High student engagement and motivation
Access and share learning from anywhere
Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
Save on paper and printing!
Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Not ready to go paperless yet?