Start off the Back to School season in style with this dynamic, engaging Getting To Know You Collaborative activity – great for the first day of school activities. Get to know your students with this great “All About Me” activity! Students create a collaborative jigsaw puzzle that serves as a visual introduction of each child while also reinforcing the ideas of teamwork and classroom unity. Display the amazing puzzles on a back to school bulletin board to wow your school community.
Please note, this is priced in NZ dollars. If you are paying in US dollars, this will be less than $8 USD (approx $5.75 USD).
In this Getting To Know You Collaborative Puzzle pack you will receive:
- A clear set of directions for how to assemble the collaborative puzzle poster.
- 32 puzzle pieces in both large and small sizes
- The large puzzle is approximately 1 metre (3.2 feet ) x 1 mitre (3.2 feet)
- The small puzzle ls approximately 60 cm (2 feet) x 60 cm (2 feet)
- 3 central quotes in colour and black and white
- You could also use a photo of your class or design your own quote to use in this central puzzle space.
- A “What is a Symbol?” Poster (NZ, Australia and US versions)
- A symbols background information guide
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
What if I don’t have 32 students in my class?
We provided enough puzzle pieces to ensure large classes can be included, too. If you have spare pieces, ask your teacher support staff, principal, school office team, or parent volunteers to design a puzzle piece. I think they would be honoured to be included! You can replace those extra pieces if new students arrive during the school year. Another option is to challenge early finishers to create a second puzzle piece in a contrasting style that also symbolises them.
***When you download this resource, it comes with both British and US spelling and printing sizes.***