The Solar System Digital Reading Comprehension Google Slides | Distance Learning
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$2.16 with what's this?
Go paperless with our Solar System digital reading comprehension for Google Classroom activity – great for digital guided reading! Learn about the Solar System, the 8 planets in our solar system, Pluto, and the first moon landing. This Google Slides resource includes seven passages (at two levels) with at least seven unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking interactive tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Grade Six (Year Seven and Eight) learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this Solar System digital reading comprehension resource you will receive:
1. Seven texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- The Solar System
- The Sun
- Mercury, Venus and Earth
- Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
- Uranus and Neptune
- Is Pluto a Planet?
- The First Moon Landing
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
2. At least seven unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (48 activities in total)
3. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
4. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Not ready to go paperless yet?