Go paperless with our Google Slides – ready similes and metaphors figurative language resource! These activities feature 20 interactive slides for students to work through. Due to their mostly open-ended nature, many slides can be used multiple times! Develop your students’ ability to use similes and metaphors in their writing. Great for distance learning and at-home learning.
These activities are great for your writing program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom. They are great for end of year revision, test prep, early finishers, bell ringer activities, morning work, ESL, ELL and ELD classrooms, or for homework.
This resource is suitable for Google Drive, Google Classroom, or Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included), and can be used on multiple devices!
Activities link directly to the Common Core (Grade 3-5) and the New Zealand and Australian National Literacy Progressions,
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
In this resource you will receive:
1. 20 Figurative Language Digital Task Cards featuring:
2. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
3. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students.
4. An interactive student tracking sheet for students to record the activities they have completed.
5. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Please note: Due to the open-ended nature of the questions, no answer guide is provided.
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!