This pack includes sight word bingo mats and calling cards for the NZ Magenta, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and Orange Level High-Frequency Sight Words. Help your students build their sight word fluency with this fun game! Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension.
Your students can practice reading the words as they compete to be the first to fill their board or get five in a row. Use this in a small group or whole class setting.
In this Sight Words Bingo BUNDLE you will receive:
1. A5 and A4 sized Fluency Mats featuring a range of the 154 Magenta – Orange words:
- 8 Magenta Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 15 Magenta level words)
- 8 Red Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 16 Red level words)
- 8 Yellow Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 16 Yellow level words)
- 8 Blue Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 16 Blue level words)
- 8 Green Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 16 Green level words)
- 8 Orange Level Sight Word Bingo Mats (each with 16 Orange level words)
2. Calling cards for each set of sight words.
3. An information sheet with links to the New Zealand Curriculum.
Both colour and black and white versions of these bingo cards are provided.
Laminate the bingo sets, cut out the calling cards and you are ready to play!
How to play Bingo:
- Each child gets his or her own Bingo Card
- The caller calls out words one at a time, and each time the child hears a word that is on their card, they cover the word with a marker.
- The winner is the first person to cover all the words on their board.
*You could also set up the game so that the winner is the first person to get four in a row (either horizontally or vertically).*
Please note: These words have the British/Australia/New Zealand spellings of words, and therefore would be suitable in countries that spell in this way e.g. colour
The words included in this bundle are: a, at, look, to, in, am, I, is, and, we, here, said, up, it, like, go, can, went, the, my, going, awake, little, looked, away, big, where, safe, hungry, thank you, asleep, goes, down, wake, for, sleep, shouted, come, looking, are, you, not, comes, can, see, this, way, stay, with, back, all, good, coming, they, will, he, help, saw, came, liked, play, again, day, some, she, ran, put, got, have, on, out, made, his, after, I’m, let, can’t, bad, by, outside, find, then, make, get, slow, have, let’s, did, gone, who, new, one, because, but, fast, open, do, opened, me, now, please, very, already, asked, began, behind, didn’t, doing, heavy, laugh, laughed, long, most, middle, other, quickly, right, show, someone, these, try, until, wait, watch, won’t, would, across, along, always, around, better, called, catch, could, cried, don’t, every, from, long, must, next, other, round, school, slowly, something, still, their, there, under, want, wanted, were, what.
Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.