These Maori Myths and Legends Digital activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
This resource features British (NZ) spelling, but would still be suitable for use in other countries.
In this Maori Myths and Legends Digital resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Four texts – each with an extended and scaffold version:
- Māui and the Sun
- Hatupatu and the Bird-Woman
- Māui and the Giant Fish
- Paikea and the Whale
Additional web links to videos or photos are provided as a part of each text.
These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form.
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum for each passage (24 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Connections
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
5. Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Character Map
- Story Map
- Story Plot Mountain
- Flow Diagram
6. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
7. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms in New Zealand are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Our resources are available as INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, no physical resources will be shipped! This file is in A4 PDF format.