Literacy Skills Activities – Grammar Punctuation Spelling Vocabulary Year 3 and 4
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$4.50 with what's this?
Updated July 2020 to add an extra 20 pages of activities and answers.
Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. With activities, task cards, and assessments, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. This would be a handy resource for a relieving teacher too.
These Literacy Skills Activities feature content closely tied to the New Zealand Curriculum and will help to prepare your students to meet the requirements of the NZ Writing Standards and Literacy Progressions for Year 3 and 4. It also links to the Australian National Literacy Learning Progressions for Writing (Grammar and Punctuation). Skills are introduced clearly and then revisited so your students can learn, practice and excel!
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
Click here to see a preview of this resource.
In our Literacy Skills Activity Pack (Year 3 and 4) you will receive:
- 60 activity sheets (in both colour and black and white versions) featuring writing, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and vocabulary activities (one for each week of the school year.
- Answer sheets for each activity sheet
- A comprehensive teacher information pack explaining the purpose of the product, its suggested use and the literacy skill definitions and rules.
- FOUR end-of-term assessments, designed to be used after each set of ten activity sheets (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40.
- Four definition and rule mini-posters for your students to refer to while using this product, and in their general writing time. These come in both colour and black and white!
- 20 Figurative Multi-Choice Challenge Task Cards
- 7 definition cards that explain the meaning of the various types of figurative language
- An answer key
- A student answer sheet
- **This product features NZ spelling and paper sizes**
- Introduces and revisits concepts.
- Kid-friendly superhero theme throughout!
- Assessments (and answers) provided!
- Targeted at a Year 3/4 level
Literacy Skills Activities featured:
- Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, Verb Tenses, Adjectives, Proper nouns, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Precise Verbs
- Simple Sentences, Compound Sentences, Complex Sentences, Sentence Openers, Sentence Punctuation
- Full stops, Capital Letters, Commas for lists, Speech Marks, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Similes, Thesaurus Skills, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia
- Consonants and Vowels, Plural Rules, Prefixes, Suffixes, Syllables
- PLUS engaging writing prompts!
Uses in your classroom:
- Use as a follow-up activity after literacy skills teaching
- Use as an independent activity as part of a literacy rotation
- Use as a homework task
- Use as an early finisher activity
- Work through an activity sheet with a small group.
There are no reviews yet.