Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Kate Sheppard Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions. Learn about Kate Sheppard, the prominent woman who features on the New Zealand $10 banknote! This pack includes a Year Five and Six non-fiction passage, differentiated at two levels, with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Celebrate 125 years since women won the right to vote in NZ! (September 19, 1893).
These link directly to the New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity).
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go texts and engaging higher-order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this Kate Sheppard Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version:
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
Find Facts and Details
3. Graphic Organiser and Activity Example
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks in colour and black and white.
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse