Go paperless with our Creative Thinking Digital Writing Activities. This Google Resource includes 30 interactive creative thinking scenarios for students to solve. Once three items have been chosen (independent thinking + choice!), the student can type a creative explanation of how they solved the problem.
These activities are great for your thinking and exposition writing program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom. This resource links directly to the CCSS (Grade 3-6) and the New Zealand Curriculum (Level 2-4). A breakdown of the specific curriculum links is also found within the resource.
This resource can be used on Google Classroom, Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. Students solve interesting scenarios through the use of everyday household items. There are no right or wrong answers! And as a BONUS, along the way, your class will be able to practice the language features and structure of a piece of explanation/expository writing!
The spelling in this product suits both US and British spelling rules.
In this Creative Thinking Digital Writing Activities resource you will receive:
- Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
- Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
- 30 interactive creative thinking scenario activities featuring a range of over 80 household items
- An editable slide so you can create your own creative thinking scenario activities.
- An interactive student tracking sheet for students to record the activities they have completed.
- A reference slide for students with tips on explanatory language features.
- A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Creative thinking is important!
Creative thinking involves the use of imagination, communication skills, problem- solving, mathematics, scientific thinking, and interpreting information. Open-ended scenarios are a great way to get children’s creative juices flowing. Choices, comparisons, entertaining new ideas, and formulating personal responses to these problems are all important ingredients in creative thinking.
Not ready to go paperless yet? You can find our Creative Thinking Prompt Cards here!