Perfect for Maori Language Week, this Te Reo Māori Sight Word Activity Sheets resource includes the 100 most frequently used te reo Māori words PLUS the days of the week and numbers to ten in a dynamic superhero-themed activity sheets (17 extra worksheets). Use this as part of your Word Work Daily 5 activities, for homework, or as an addition to your writing program. A great bonus – NO PREP! Just PRINT and GO!
Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension.
Each of the 117 Te Reo Māori Sight Word Activity Sheets has eight activities:
– Read It
– Trace It
– Write It
– Fill In The Gaps
– Find It
– Colour It
– Circle The Bombs
– Unscramble It
The te reo Māori headings for these activity sheets are also included:
– Whakakīa i ngā wāhi wātea
– Whakaporowhitatia i nga pōmu
This resource would be useful in both bilingual and full immersion Māori medium classrooms, as well as an introduction to te reo Māori words for English speaking classes!
In this resource you receive:
1. The 100 most frequent words in te reo Māori:
The list of sight words used in this resource is from:
http://tereomaori.tki.org.nz/Teacher-tools/Te-Whakaipurangi-Rauemi/High-frequency-word-lists. This list has been used with permission.
2. Ngā nama tuatahi/Numbers to Ten:
tahi, rua, toru, whā, rima, ono, whitu, waru, iwa, tekau
3. Ngā Rā o te Wiki/Days of the week:
Rāhina, Rātū, Rāapa, Rāpare, Rāmere, Rāhoroi, Rātapu
4. Information sheets with a pronunciation guide and links to Te Aho Arataki Marau mō te Ako I Te Reo Māori – Hura Auraki/Curriculum Guidelines for Teaching and Learning Te Reo Māori in English-medium Schools: Year 1-13
These activity sheets are included twice, with te reo Māori headings, and with English headings
The paper size is A4.