Your learners will love our differentiated How Māui Discovered Fire Shared Reading, Activities, and Discussion Questions resource. This Māori Myth and Legends resource is suitable as an entry point to Polynesian history or a study on myths and legends from around the world.
In this How Māui Discovered Fire Shared Reading, Activities, and Discussion Questions pack you will receive:
1. One shared reading discussion passage:
– How Māui Discovered Fire (six pages)
2. Discussion questions including reading comprehension strategies such as summarising, making connections, and finding specific details.
3. Differentiated follow-up activities to dig deeper into the story.
Aotearoa New Zealand Histories Curriculum Links: Whakapapa me te whanaungatanga | Culture and identity
- Māori are tangata whenua. They were the first people of this land and have stories about their origins and arrival.
- What stories do hapū and iwi tell about their origins?