We’ve put together a set of Digital Ready to Read Activities that work with the New Zealand Ready to Read series of shared reading books. These activities are can be used within Google Classroom (Google Slides). Instructions are also provided for using these activities in Seesaw and Microsoft OneDrive. The activities are similar across each text to help students (and parents) become familiar with the activities – ease of use is so important with distance learning.
These activities are based on seven Shared Reading Ready to Read Big Books that have been made available as PDFs. These are linked in the resource and
The seven Shared Reading Ready to Read books are:
- Dawn Parade
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Matariki Breakfast
- Chinese New Year
- Stick Insects
This Digital Ready to Read Activities resource includes:
- Three follow up activities for each text
- Short answer questions
- Cloze reading
- Vocabulary and Word Work activities
Please note: Shared Ready to Read books do not state a specific reading age. if they will suit your learners. You know them best.
Ideas for Use:
- Record yourself reading each book and following along with the PDF.
- Share this with students to watch before they read the book themselves.
- Share one or more activity with your students each day – keep it simple.