Learn about notable New Zealand authors: Patricia Grace, Keri Hulme, Witi Ihimaera and Alan Duff. Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated close reading passages and questions. Also useful to integrate into a financial literacy unit.
This pack includes FOUR Year Five and Six non-fiction passages with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks.
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
In this New Zealand authors pack you will receive:
1. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Patricia Grace
- Keri Hulme
- Witi Ihimaera
- Alan Duff.
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask Questions
- Compare and Contrast
3. Graphic Organiser and Activity Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
- Large Billboard
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse