Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Video Games Reading Comprehension bundle This pack includes four non-fiction passages with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order-thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, as independent work, or as homework tasks – suitable for Year 5-8 students.
NOW INCLUDES A FULL DIGITAL VERSION.
This Video Games Reading Comprehension resource combines the following resources:
- Pokemon Go Reading Passages with Higher Order Thinking Questions
- History of Video Games – Close Reading Comprehension Text and Activities
- Fortnite Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
In this Video Games bundle you will receive:
1. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- What is Pokémon Go?
- The History of Pokémon
- The History of Video Games
- Fortnite and other Battle Royale Games
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Ask and Answer Questions
3. Three Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Flow Diagram
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
6. Close Reading bookmarks
What This Resource Is About:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go informational texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
Kasey F. said, “⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thank you so much for this resource. It is extremely helpful in the classroom. Trying to keep students in higher grades engaged in learning to read can be difficult. This worked perfectly for my students. Thank you!”
Amanda M. said, “⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students’ eyes lit up when I said we were going to read about video games. They all loved the topics covered!”
Jasmine S. said, “⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is an engaging and incredibly thorough resource that my students are going to love. This resource is excellent – relevant and comprehensive. Highly recommended.”
Hannah M. said, “⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was so engaging for my students! They loved it and begged for more.”