Are you looking for a New Zealand Land Wars teaching resource to commemorate the New Zealand Land Wars?
We can help! This FREE print-and-go resource will help your students to understand more about this important time in New Zealand’s history, while also developing their reading comprehension and writing skills.
Starting in 2017, the New Zealand Land Wars will officially be commemorated each year. The next national commemoration will take place on 28 October 2019 in Taranaki. This resource will save you time, while providing many learning opportunities.
This resource is easy to differentiate for learner ability. Lower level activities such as a word find, vocabulary and drawing activities are included, through to more complex summarising and persuasive writing activities.
Online links to both additional texts and videos are provided to help you and your students find more information on this topic.
In this New Zealand Land Wars Teaching Resource you will receive:
1. New Zealand Land Wars passage.
2. New Zealand Land Wars Information Links with further supporting information.
3. New Zealand Land Wars Activity Sheet (two pages plus answer sheets)
– Cloze Reading activity
– Word Find
– Research An Important Person
– Letter to the Editor (Persuasive Writing)
– Fact or Fiction?
– Questioning a soldier
– Flag Activities
– Snapshot (visualising)
4. Fact Finder Interactive Activity to find facts about eight different conflicts
5. Mapping Activity – Locate eight land war conflicts on the New Zealand Map (answers provided)
6. New Zealand Land Wars Information Web activity (summarising)
7. A Land War Battle Information Web activity (summarising)