New Zealand Wars Teaching Resource
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from NZ$0.83 with what's this?
Are you looking for a New Zealand Wars teaching resource to commemorate the New Zealand Wars?
We can help! This resource will help your students to understand more about this important time in New Zealand’s history, while also developing their reading comprehension and writing skills.
Te Pūtake o te Riri, He Rā Maumahara is the Māori name for our latest national day, the commemoration of the New Zealand Wars and conflicts, held each year on 28 October.
This resource is easy to differentiate for learner ability. Lower level activities such as a word find, vocabulary, and drawing activities are included, through to more complex summarising and persuasive writing activities.
Online links to both additional texts and videos are provided to help you and your students find more information on this topic.
In this New Zealand Wars Teaching Resource you will receive:
1. New Zealand Wars passage.
2. New Zealand Wars Information Links with further supporting information.
3. New Zealand Wars Activity Sheet (two pages plus answer sheets)
– Cloze Reading activity
– Word Find
– Research An Important Person
– Letter to the Editor (Persuasive Writing)
– Fact or Fiction?
– Questioning a soldier
– Flag Activities
– Snapshot (visualising)
4. Fact Finder Interactive Activity to find facts about eight different conflicts
5. Mapping Activity – Locate eight land war conflicts on the New Zealand Map (answers provided)
6. New Zealand Wars Information Web activity (summarising)
7. A Land War Battle Information Web activity (summarising)
There are no reviews yet.