Go paperless with our Anzac Day Digital reading comprehension resource! Learn about Anzac Day and the ANZAC soldiers, the Battle of Gallipoli, the significance of poppies and how Anzac Day is commemorated today. Featuring differentiated reading passages and questions, this Google slides resource includes four passages (at two levels) with six-eight unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher order thinking interactive tasks.
This Anzac Day Digital is targeted towards Year 5-8 readers and is easily differentiated to suit a wide range of learners and abilities.
In this Anzac Day Digital resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- What is Anzac Day?
- The Battle at Gallipoli
- Why Poppies?
- Anzac Day Today
These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form. This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (28 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Connections
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Make Predictions
- Prior Knowledge
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
6. Additional web links to interesting websites to provide further context around Anzac Day.
6. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
- Microsoft One Drive
British English is used throughout this resource e.g. colour.
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!