When I began scribbling some simple sight words and tracing letters from the alphabet, I never thought it would lead to me sitting here writing an “About Me” section of my own teaching resources website.
What began as a way for me to create preschool activities for my precocious and excitable toddler has morphed into a business where I can do what I am passionate about: creating literacy and social studies resources that save teachers time!
What is Top Teaching Tasks about?
As an experienced teacher, I know what it is like to:
- Feel like you are drowning under a sea of paperwork, while still wanting to do it all.
- Need some help sourcing activities, but to also feel like ugly, boring, busy-work worksheets are doing a disservice to students.
- Try to find the elusive “work/life balance” while juggling so many balls in the air.
Let’s face facts. Teaching is an amazing and important profession, but it is also blimmen’ hard work! My primary aim is simple: I want to create comprehensive [quality, in-depth, purposeful, and thorough] and creative [something different, out-of-the-box, and unique] literacy and social studies resources that save you time.
This website is a chance to:
- Provide you quick and easy to use teaching tips and ideas for your classroom today.
- Source and link to a wealth of books, videos, resources and ideas that can help you cover many important topics and subjects in your classroom.
- Explore the “why” and “how” of many of my resources so you can get the best out of them.
- Offer exclusive freebies and discounts that you won’t get anywhere else!
Whether you are a pre-service teacher looking for inspiration, a beginning teacher coming up for air, or an experienced teacher looking for some fresh ideas for covering a familiar topic, there will be something for you here.
So, haere mai, afio mai, malo e me’a mai, fakatalofa atu, welcome, welcome, welcome!
A little about me:
I’m Hinemoa, (or Hine for short) and I am an experienced teacher who is currently at home raising the kiddos (and loving it). I have taught the full range of primary school and intermediate levels (ages 5-12) and I have a passion for literacy, social studies, learning about other cultures, and mentoring beginning teachers. You can see more from behind-the-scenes on our Instagram.
You will find at least two new blog posts each month and I’m always very open to topic suggestions; if there’s a particular question you’d like answered or a post you’d love me to write, get in touch via [email protected]. I would love to hear how I can help you.